When was the last time that you measured your feet? If you’re like most people, your feet are shaped slightly differently. Perhaps your feet are smaller than average, big or even wider than the norm. Today, we’re going to help you find the best socks for big feet – and any foot size.
We’re going to help you measure your feet properly so that you can order custom socks by foot size confidently.
Measure Your Feet
Foot length socks would be a good option if everyone’s feet were 100% the same shape. However, foot size socks don’t account for people with slightly longer or shorter feet. If you purchase generic socks, they won’t account for feet that are this in-between size.
Wide feet are common.
If you don’t account for the right length, you may have socks or even shoes that are too tight. You need to know how to properly measure women’s and men’s feet.
Measure the inside of the foot from the heel to just above the big toe. You want to ensure that you measure from the very bottom of the heel and very top of the toe. If your socks are too big, your feet will move around and have an easier time bunching up.
Most custom socks are made with material that is designed to conform to the size of the foot. So, if your feet are wider than average, these socks will stretch to the correct size.
- Be sure to account for your toenails, especially if they’re longer.
- Place your foot on a piece of paper to mark the heel and toe for measuring.
- Measure your feet at least twice to ensure accuracy.
Once you have your measurements, you need to translate them into an actual foot size. Unfortunately, sizing for men and women is different in the United States. So, a size 5 for a man is going to be larger than a size 5 for a woman.
Additionally, there is sizing for the US, UK and EU.
Sizing is confusing, but with the charts below, you’ll have a much better idea of how to correlate your measurements to an actual foot size that makes sense.
Women’s Sock Sizes
- 8.2 in. / 20.8 cm = Size 4 (US)
- 8.3 in. / 21.3 cm = Size 4.5 (US)
- 8.5 in. / 21.6 cm = Size 5 (US)
- 8.8 in. / 22.2 cm = Size 5.5 (US)
- 8.9 in. / 22.5 cm = Size 6 (US)
- 9.1 in. / 23 cm = Size 6.5 (US)
- 9.3 in. / 23.5 cm = Size 7 (US)
- 9.4 in. / 23.8 cm = Size 7.5 (US)
- 9.5 in. / 24.1 cm = Size 8 (US)
- 9.7 in. / 24.6 cm = Size 8.5 (US)
- 9.9 in. / 25.1 cm = Size 9 (US)
- 10 in. / 25.4 cm = Size 9.5 (US)
- 10.2 in. / 25.9 cm = Size 10 (US)
- 10.3 in. / 26.2 cm = Size 10.5 (US)
- 10.5 in. / 26.7 cm = Size 11 (US)
- 10.7 in. / 27.1 cm = Size 11.5 (US)
- 10.9 in. / 27.6 cm = Size 12 (US)
Men’s Sock Sizes
- 9.3 in. / 23.5 cm = Size 6 (US)
- 9.5 in. / 24.1 cm = Size 6.5 (US)
- 9.6 in. / 24.4 cm = Size 7 (US)
- 9.8 in. / 24.8 cm = Size 7.5 (US)
- 9.9 in. / 25.4 cm = Size 8 (US)
- 10.1 in. / 25.7 cm = Size 8.5 (US)
- 10.3 in. / 26 cm = Size 9 (US)
- 10.4 in. / 26.7 cm = Size 9.5 (US)
- 10.6 in. / 27 cm = Size 10 (US)
- 10.8 in. / 27.3 cm = Size 10.5 (US)
- 10.9 in. / 27.9 cm = Size 11 (US)
- 11.1 in. / 28.3 cm = Size 11.5 (US)
- 11.3 in. / 28.6 cm = Size 12 (US)
- 11.6 in. / 29.4 cm = Size 13 (US)
- 11.9 in. / 30.2 cm = Size 14 (US)
- 12.2 in. / 31 cm = Size 15 (US)
- 12.5 in. / 31.8 cm = Size 16 (US)
Why Is It Important to Choose the Right Sock Size?
Choosing the right sock size means:
- Socks slip and bunch up less
- Socks are more comfortable
- The fit will remain snug or longer
How To Make an Order
If you’re looking for the best socks for big feet, Customsocks.io offers a 7-day turnaround time, socks made from organic cotton and makes a free design board for you, too.